No Featured Events to Display
One Store Town: Piqua Farmers Co-op is a full service gas station, grocery store, farm supply store, and barber shop!
Terri someday we hope to get it online...it takes time and we are all volunteers that take care of St. Martins and the tow...
Learn more about Piqua by following the links below:
St. Martin of Tours first cemetery
140 th Road
Latitude: 37* 55.321'
Longitude: 95* 32.829'
About this Exploration:
St. Martin of Tour’s first cemetery is located one half mile west of Piqua on 140 road. It was known as the “Buddie Place.” Mr. Buddie donated the land to the church to establish a cemetery in 1887. Mr. Buddie’s son, Bernard, drowned in the creek that runs to south of the cemetery and he was only 4½ years old at the time of his death. The old timers tell that the young boy would tell his father of the visits he had with the angels down at the creek.
Budde Dedication Stone
There is a large cross in the center of the cemetery. There are 97 adults buried on the west side of the cross and 64 children buried east of the cross. No one is sure why they are separated.
108 N Scott
Piqua, KS 66761