Learn more about Clyde by following the links below:
216 South Grant
Email Address: email@example.com
About this Exploration:
On Sunday morning, June 21, 1903, the first pipe organ in Cloud County was dedicated.
It was built for the First Presbyterian Church in Clyde by Votteler Hettche Organ Company of Cleveland. The church building, dedicated in 1879, and its magnificent organ served the area parishioners until 1971 when the congregation merged with the First Methodist Church to become the United Methodist Church.
The building is owned by the City of Clyde and is being restored by the Clyde Historical Society.
Organ concerts are held regularly as a few area residents delight in the "workout" of playing the organ. During the Watermelon Festival, an afternoon concert featuring the organ and other talented musicians perform for large crowds.
City of Clyde
Clyde, KS 66938